- First private sector beer factory (TURK TUBORG))
- First printing ink production factory (DYOSAD)
- First UHT stabilized milk production (PINAR SÜT)
- First private sector compost production (EGE GÜBRE)
- First healthy bottled-water production (PINAR SU)
- First private sector integrated slaughterhouse (PINAR ET)
- First fish and seafood farm (PINAR DENİZ)
- First one thousand bed capacity first class holiday resort (ÇEŞME ALTIN YUNUS) )
- First private sector painting competition (DYO-YAŞAR EĞİTİM VE KÜLTÜR VAKFI)
- First private sector art museum (SELÇUK YAŞAR) )
He has awards in 23 sectors.
Selçuk Yaşar has been the Honorary Consul General of Denmark for many years.
Selçuk Yaşar, the pioneer and founder of industry based on agriculture in Turkey, prepared several important projects to improve dairy and livestock breeding and put them into practice.
He greatly contributed to cultural, social and sports activities. He is the founder of The Education and Culture Foundation of Yaşar. During his tenure, The Education and Culture Foundation of Yaşar has given full scholarships to many talented, hardworking but poor students studying at high schools and universities.
Selçuk Yaşar has given financial and moral support to many educational institutions and he established the first private theater building in a village. He has had many buildings built in Izmir such as Selçuk Yaşar Alaybey Primary School in Karşıyaka, Durmuş Yaşar Primary School in Bayraklı, and Alaçatı High School in Alaçatı.
Selçuk Yaşar ran the newspaper "Ege Ekspres", "Ege", and the magazine "Devir" and he is also one of the founders of Ege TV.
Apart from his industrialist identity, he is also a thinker. He has various published works and articles in the press. 10 of his books and 28 message booklets have been published.
He is the Honorary Committee Chairman of SETBIR, ESIAD and KSK Sports Club.
He is one of the founders of TUSIAD and ESIAD.
He has founded the Sports and Education Foundation of Selçuk Yaşar and Yaşar University.